Monday, January 7, 2013

Ok! so my first day of cooking for my blog went pretty good. I made taco soup and Snicker-doodles. I made a mess of the kitchen, But I cleaned up after :) because I am a good daughter. And plus my mom didn't have to cook dinner tonight which I'm sure she likes to not have to do. I was happy to do it, because Taco Soup is one of my FAVORITE things to cook. Which when I think about it is weird because i'm not much of a soup person in the first place.. I wouldn't usually choose soup to eat. But I like Taco Soup.. ANYWAY! enough talk now for some pictures of my cooking adventures tonight. 

Taco Soup 
First you brown some Ground Beef. Sometimes I like to use Ground Turkey, its better for you and I never taste a difference.
After that is all good and browned you add V-8 juice. I like to use this rather than just tomato juice.
Then you add beans and corn












The seasonings you will add are Taco seasoning, chili powder, and cumin
 I add about 2 Tablespoons of the Taco seasoning and chili powder to start with and add more if I feel like it needs it. and i add about 1 to 2 teaspoons of the cumin. But you can add as much as you like.
And the end result is a yummy bubbly mess of goodness. We usually eat it with chips, sour cream, and avocados. TRY IT and enjoy :)





No comments:

Post a Comment