Monday, January 21, 2013

Oatmeal Carmeletas
This recipe was super yummy!! It is actually my Aunt Shana's mom's recipe that we have had for a long time. so a family recipe this time. I made it a couple days ago and it has taken awhile for me to put it up because my pictures were giving me hard time. BUT here it is :) :

Crust: 1C flour
           1C oats
           3/4 C brown sugar
           1/2 t soda
           1/4 t salt
           3/4 C butter
you mix all the ingred. and press 1/2 into a pan bake at 350 for 10 mins. you add the filling,
Filling: 1 C choco chips
            1/2 C nuts
            3/4 C carmel ice cream topping
            3 T flour
and then you sprinkle the rest of the crust on top of the filling and you bake it for 15- 20 mins.
I used 1 C of these carmel bits instead of the carmel topping and flour. I liked the taste of them, but i would suggest softening them up before adding them, because they never really melted enough. but they still tasted good! i mean we didn't have to like throw it out or anything. 
TADA!! finished product 






6 comments:

  1. My mouth is officially watering
    This sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha yes kendyl they were very mouth watering

    ReplyDelete
  3. umm alicia i will make more and give u a sample then :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahem...it's March. Where's a new post, missy? You aren't done yet even if you don't think this is your career. It makes you happy and you enjoy it, so I'm not letting you quit. Get on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha ok ok im working on it right now! :)

    ReplyDelete